Cub Scout Day CJ2013 -Wednesday, 10 July 2013 from 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM (MDT), Registration now open!
Early Registration Events
Interested in joining Scouts? Come to an early registration event in your area and find out more information about Scouting and benefit from the early registration fee:
- 118th St. Andrew's Group has two registration nights on June 17th and June 18th, at St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, 703 Heritage Drive Southwest, from 6.30 to 8.00 pm.
- 227th Douglasdale - Spring registration - June 8th, at Sobey's Douglasglen, from 10 to 12pm
- Cochrane 1st Scouts early registration - 23 May 2013/ Time : 6.30pm to 8.00pm, at Frank Will Memorial Hall, 405 1 St E Cochrane, AB T4C 1C7. For any further info. please contact Lara or Garth Cave on 981-2280
- 2nd Airdrie is having an early registration event on Wednesday, May 29th 6:30pm - 9pm. Airdrie Scout Hall, 720 East Lake Road NE.
- Dover 149 will be holding a Early Registration Night on Wednesday, May 29th from 7:00-8:30pm, and June 12, at the Dover Community Hall, 3133 - 30 Ave S.E. Calgary, T2B 0G9. For more information, contact Tammy at 403 614-5552 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 148 Oakridge Scout Group Pre-Registration - May 22, 2013 6:00 PM-8:00 PM, at the Oakridge Community Centre - in their nursery school foyer
- 1st High River Scouts has an early registration event on June 4th, from 6:30 to 8:00 pm (Note: An information session will be at 7:00), at the Scout Hall, High River. Need more info? Contact Susan Lukey, Group Commissioner, email@example.com, 403.652.3953, or Farol Finlay, Registrar, firstname.lastname@example.org, 403.652.3743 or 403.336.3743.
Lethbridge&Calgary Scout Shop will be closed on Saturdays during the summer
Calgary Shop summer hours starting June 1, 2013: Monday to Friday 9:30 – 5:30; Closed for lunch 1 - 2, Closed for inventory August 26 to August 30; Re-Open September 3
Lethbridge Shop: OPEN: Monday and Tuesday 9:30 – 5:30; Wednesday 10:30 – 2:30; Closed Thursday, Friday, Saturday. This will be effective May 21st until approximately June 10th. Closed for inventory August 26 to August 30; Re-open September 3.
2013 - 2014 Registration starts May 1st
The Registration Fees are:
Beavers, Cubs, Scouts, Venturers - $168
Rovers and Scouters - $0
Save $20 and pay only $148 if you register before June 30th. We also have a large family discount-3rd and subsequent participants from the same family pay $88.
Groups will be able to print registration forms for returning members on www.myscouts.ca. The new system makes it easier for groups to print these forms themselves but if you need help, please contact the Calgary or Lethbridge Service Centres.
On-line registration is working! Almost ½ of Scout groups across Canada adopted on-line registration in the first year. It's fast and easy for parents.
Connecting kids to opportunity and the outdoors; that's what Gardner Club Breakfast has been doing for twenty-four years and this year we're working to have an even bigger impact!
With over 7,000 kids accessing our camps and outdoor programs annually, we need your help to invest in their experience, sourcing new program equipment and facility upgrades.
This year our goal is to raise $50,000, and with your help we can do it.
Join us in helping our youth on Tuesday, June 4, 2013, from 7:30AM - 9:00 AM, at the Metropolitan Conference Centre, for the Gardner Club Breakfast 2013. Featuring Guest Speaker Brian Price. Read more.
Chinook Council - CJ logo products. Interested?
We have less than 100 days for the beginning of the Canadian Jamboree at Sylvan Lake, Alberta. We have a few items that might be of interest to your participants. The products have the CJ logo and won’t be available at the tuck shop. Read more.
Help Get Camp Woods Ready for CJ’13
Scouts, Ventures, Rovers or Adults able to Work Alone or in Small Groups
Plan to Spend 4 hours a day working and get FREE Camping
Clearing underbrush from the Sub Camp Area, Moving Tables, Cutting Spars, Many Miscellaneous Small Projects
Three work weekends are being planned
May 10-12, 2013
May 24-26, 2013
June 7-9, 2013
For booking your week-end please contact Toni at the Adventure Centre at 780-454-8561, ext.223 or by e-mail email@example.com
Angry Birds Star Wars Beaveree 2013
Come and have fun at the Beaveree 2013, on May 5th! This year's theme is Angry Birds Star Wars. The day camp will be held at the Rothney Astrophysical Observatory. Registration deadline is April 19th. More.
Cuborama 2013 Retro Cartoons
Join cubs from across Chinook Council for this annual cub scouting event with a retro cartoons theme!. It’s happening in June, at Camp Gardner. Read more.
2013 Spring Youth Training - FLEX/FAST/FOCUS
Find here the courses dates and reserve your spot now! FLEX (Fun Leadership EXperience) is for Cub Scouts, and FAST (Fun Active Scout Training) for Scouts. FOCUS (Future Of Canada United in Scouting) is a for-youth-by-youth leadership program aimed towards Venturer Scouts and Rover Scouts.
Mountain Equipment Co-op Scout Night
Get geared up for this summer’s Canadian Jamboree and other camping activities you and your groups are planning! All registered Chinook Council Scouting youth and adult members are invited to the ’’Mountain Equipment Co-op Scout Night’’, Saturday, May 11, from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm, at the Calgary downtown store, on 830 10th Ave. SW. MEC is offering this one night event for Scouting members to receive 10% off all in store items. Read more.
Scouts as flag bearers at the Calgary Hitman game on February 22, 2013
Canadian Scout Jamboree 2013
Are you looking for fun, adventure and challenge? Look no further than the Canadian Scout Jamboree 2013 (CJ'13) being held in Sylvan Lake, Alberta from July 6 to 13, 2013. <read more>
Chinook Council Service Areas:
Calgary Service Areas:
Rural Service Areas: