Wood Badge Leadership Training
For Training Registration Form, click here.
For registering a Wood Badge course online, please go to the Training page for the link of the specific course.
Wood Badge I - Basic Leadership Training
Woodbadge I provides Leaders with the basic skills needed to work with their Program Sections. This course contains "core" material, which outlines safety procedures, event planning, leadership roles, and necessary consent forms. In addition, Section-specific material provides Leaders with an understanding of each Section's structure, themes, activities, and leadership style. Typically, Leaders take this course and supplement it with on-the-job training and mentoring by a more experienced Leader. Successful completion of this course entitles a Leader to wear the Gilwell leather woggle.
It is a requirement of all Leaders to possess a Wood Badge I in the Section of their current role.
2011/2012 Wood Badge I course schedule:
- September 28 to 30, 2012, Mardi Gras Comapny and Crew in Camp Byng
- October 20 to 21, 2012, Colony, Pack, and Troop in Church of Nazarene, Vancouver
- November 3, 2012, Group Commissioner
- November 24, 2012, Colony, Pack, and Troop in Buddha's Light International Association of Vancouver, Richmond.
- December 8 & 9, 2012, Group Commissioner - Web Conference Delivery
- January 18 & 19, 2013, Colony, Pack, and Troop in Church of Nazarene, Vancouver
- March 1 or 4 plus March 11 or 22, Group Commissioner Wood Badge I Course in Scout House, Vancouver
- April 19 & 20, 2013, Colony, Pack, and Troop in Church of Nazarene, Vancouver
- August, 2013, Colony, Pack, Troop. Location to be announced (in town)
- September 28, 2013, Company and Crew in Camp Byng at Mardi Gras
- October 26 to 27, 2013, Colony, Pack, Troop in Camp Byng
- November 22 to 23, 2013, Colony, Pack, Troop. Location to be confirmed (in town)
- Anytime, All Sections through eLearning.
Wood Badge II - Advanced Leadership Training
Woodbadge II provides training on outdoor skills and planning procedures that allow Leaders to take their youth members to more challenging activities. It also teaches information and skills on more advanced level on leadership, goal setting, program planning, communicating with youth, and provides actual experiential practices on topics taught in outdoor setting. Successful completion of this course entitles a Leader to wear the Gilwell scarf, the two wooden beads and become member of the 1st Gilwell Group.
Wood Badge I holder, preferably with at least one year Scout leadership experience.
Wood Badge II 2013 - All Sections:
- February 16, 2013, Saturday - Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 308 41st Ave West, Vancouver (1 block east of Cambie)
- February 17, 2013, Sunday - Woodwards Landing, Dyke Road, Richmond (300m west of No.5 Rd)
- March 8 to 10, 2013, Friday to Sunday - Camp Byng (Troop only on Friday)
- April 12 to 14, 2013, Friday to Sunday - Camp Byng
Wood Badge II - Troop:
- July 26, 2013 Friday 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm - Church of Nazarene
- July 27, 2013 Saturday 8:00 am to 5:30 pm - Church of Nazarene
- July 28, 2013 Sunday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm - Mount Seymour (hiking)
- August 23 to 25, 2013 Friday to Sunday - Camp McLean, Langley
- October 25 to 27, 2013 Friday to Sunday - Camp Whonnock or Camp McLean (TBC)
Course Leader: C.K. Li
Candidates are required to attend all sessions to complete the course. Missed sessions could be caught up with the discretion of the Section/Course Leader.
Click here to register this Wood Badge II course online.
For Wood Badge courses offered by Fraser Valley Council, click here.