Camp Morristown is located in the Foxtrap Pastureland area, approximately 15 minutes drive from St. John's, NL.
The camp was created in 1971 and is presently operated as a joint campsite with the 1st Morris Scouting Group, 1st Newtown Scouting Group and the 1st Paradise Scouting Group.
As the site availability is greater than the needs of the three groups it is available for use by other youth and community groups. Rental rates are set to help offset costs of maintenance insurance and fuel supply.
Traveling west from St. John's turn off at the Foxtrap access road. At the bottom of the offramp turn left and proceed west under the overpass. Once under the overpass take the unpaved road to the right hand side and follow this road for 3.2 kilometres. The site is on the right hand side and is marked with a Scouts Canada sign.
- The site is comprised of a cookhouse with a 6 burner propane stove and oven. There is seating for 40 people at the 6 kitchen tables. Refrigeration facilities are not available.
- The bunkhouse has bunk style sleeping facilities without mattresses suitable for 35 youth, a large common area, and two smaller private bunk areas suitable for 3 people each.
- Bathroom facilities are an outhouse style structure with 3 cubicles.
- Separate "Wardens Cabin" suitable for smaller groups with bunk style sleeping for 10 people.
- All cabins are heated by wood stove and firewood is included in the rental price.
- Electricity is available through use of the onsite generator. Fuel is provided for the generator.
- 2 outdoor cooking shelters
- 3 tent sites
- Large Field
- Small beach area and swimming area
- Campfire pit
- Use of full site for one day and one night $200.00
- Use of full site for two night weekend $350.00
- Use of wardens cabin per night $100.00
- What is included:
- Use of the entire site
- Use of kitchen facilities including 6 burner propone stove and oven
- Electrical generator and fuel
- Fuel for Propane stove and wood for woodstoves
- This is a strictly alcohol free site.
- All Garbage and waste must be removed from site by user at the end of the rental period.
- Please clean floors and counters at end of rental period.
- No food to be left on site at conclusion of rental period.
- Report any deficiencies to the camp warden.